Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pomegranate Russian-Georgian Restaurant.


Last night was a treat form my sweets! He took me out on a spontaneous dinner date to Pomegranate Russian-Georgian Restaurant. I've been wanting to come here for quite some time and last night was a good opportunity. By the name, it's obvious that it is Russian-Georgian cuisine.. and I've never had that before. I don't even know what the basics are when it comes to Russian or Georgian food aside from Vodka (lol I kid). 

The restaurant is adorable and has a very eclectic style/decor- I loved it, it felt cozy yet romantic. You can come here with friends, family, or a cute date. It definitely does fit the romantic setting. Anywho.. the staff was great even though they did mix our orders up with another table- but all was forgiving and they did not charge us on one of the dishes that accidentally came to us. So here's what we ordered...

Khachaparui (photo above) is a traditional Georgian cheese pie- mozzarella and feta with an egg. It's one of their specialties and it was fantastic! So good! For the entree I ordered their Chakhokhbili which were large pieces of chicken simmered with onions, tomatoes, basic and the chef's secret spices. This was quite good, but we barely touched it because we were getting full. MVamos ordered the Ajap Sandali which was a traditional Georgian vegetable ragout and I must say that this was probably my favorite dish. There were plenty of veges and the seasoning was so good. I definitely like this place and will come back.

Hooray for spontaneous date night!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment