Sunday, July 27, 2014

San Gorgornio Camping Trip.


So I've been whiny over the past couple weekends and that's because I'm feeling bored out of my mind. I can't seem to find something that entertains me every weekend and I'm clearly aware that's absurd. I suppose it's because the last couple of three day weekends that I had I did nothing with it.. Anyway.. I whined and brought up the idea to do camping! MVamos planned a one night weekend camp trip to San Gorgonio and I said okay! He got me a backpacking backpack for last Christmas and it hasn't been used.. so let's put it to use!

Anyway.. we never went to the summit and we had cut the trip short. Long story short.. someone has "kings feet" (meaning fancy fragile feet) and it's not me. Kings feet.. very prone to blisters so it wasn't a good idea to continue. Also, it's been awhile since MVamos did a camping trip with a big ol' backpack. I have no idea how much it weighed, but it was probably 35-40lbs? My backpack was heavy (for me) and it was probably 15-20lbs? I have no idea.. I just know that it was killing my shoulders and now my back is sore.. there was no way in hell that I was going to carry that thing all the way to the summit. It's not that I'm not capable of hiking to the summit.. I'm pretty healthy, fit, and my stamina/cardio is great.. but when it comes to something heavy.. I'm weak as shit. It is what it is and I've accepted it. Anyway.. we came home by noon today and it was a better idea just because we would still get to enjoy our Sunday.. relaxing. Lol.. We were both very happy with our last minute decision. I definitely want to get to the summit one day, but maybe more of a day hike than a actual camping trip.. btw.. very hard to sleep via camping even with a sleep pad. Here are some photos!






Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment