Saturday, December 20, 2014

Bone Marrow!


The first time I had bone marrow was in my early 20's and it was at a restaurant called JRDN. It was a small piece of marrow- it actually came with my order of mac and cheese.. fancy, right? lol.. Anyway, the bone marrow was good! I don't eat it much.. actually, I rarely eat bone marrow because they're typically expensive at restaurants and not a lot of places serve them... but anytime I go to the grocery store (Asian market) I look for inexpensive bone marrow, but I never seem to find it. I'm sure you're going to say 'go to a butcher shop', but I don't want to because they're so expensive! Anyway.. today we went to our biweekly grocery run and I found some nice looking marrow at Food4Less. Nice! I was excited to make these because they're so easy to make!

I first blanched the bone marrows in hot water and a tad bit of salt. I then placed the marrows into a glass baking pan and drizzled olive oil, salt, pepper, chopped garlic, and a little bit of rosemary from our rosemary plant. Placed them in the oven (450 degrees) for 20 minutes and viola! Roasted bone marrow! We ate these with toasted French bread. I think they turned out fantastic especially for the price!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment