Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Canh, Vietnamese Soup.



Canh. What is canh? Canh is a clear-broth soup often made with a protein and some vegetables and is typically eaten with a bowl of rice. Canh is easy to make and it's quick! I decided to make canh because I really didn't have much ingredients to make something complicated and I wanted something fairly healthy.. and easy. Oh! If you happen to have a bottle of fish sauce lying around- then you can make canh with any vegetables. So the version I made only had seven ingredients and it's a tad different from the traditional canh because I added quinoa and Vietnamese dishes do not have quinoa. This is healthy because it has plenty of veges, you can control your own sodium level, and I added quinoa!

I'm not great about writing directions so I won't... but I pretty much threw everything in a pot until it boiled (medium-high heat) and everything was cooked (approx. 15-20 minutes). Also you probably have a different taste preference of how much fish sauce to put in.. so.. measure to your own taste!

Serving Size: 3-4
Ingredients:
2-3 tablespoons (or to taste) of fish sauce
3 cups of water
1 cup of shrimp (fresh or frozen)
1 squash (diced)
1 cup of green beans (chopped)
1/2 cup of quinoa
1 tablespoon black pepper


Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment