Saturday, December 6, 2014

Mixto Con Huevo.


One of the things I really enjoyed most during my trip in Madrid, Spain last October was our morning routine. We found a local breakfast joint that was probably one of few that opened that early called Eduardo's. I really enjoyed it there because the clientele were locals. For the two morning we were in Madrid, I ordered their Mixto Con Huevo and I'm sure other establishments had this on their menu as well, but I was in love with first bite at Eduardo's. The sandwich was simple. It consist of Jamon (ham), cheese, and a fried egg. The egg was cooked to perfection.

Today, after my typically Saturday morning run I decided to attempt in making a Mixto Con Huevo. My version was a tad healthier.. instead of ham, I just turkey deli "ham" and instead of white bread I used whole wheat. I also was very careful on the amount of butter that was used. It was pretty tasty! Now.. if I used the typical ingredients and a ton of butter, I'm sure it would be heaven in my mouth... but I'll stick to the "healthier" version.

On a side note.. its been over two weeks since Kiddy passed away.. I've been feeling better.. time heals all (I suppose), but I will always have moments about her and yeah.. a tear or two will occasionally run down my cheek, but I'll be okay. Damn. I miss her.

Bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment