Saturday, February 14, 2015

Post Run Smoothie Bowl.



This morning I ran Torrey Pines as I had planned a few weeks ago. I'm currently training for the La Jolla Half again and aiming for a new PR. I ran 7 miles last Saturday with no problem but today was incredibly bad haha. Perhaps it was the combination of lady time (haha) ending and that it's really hot and dry out today.. but nonetheless it was disappointing.

Anyway! I wanted to treat myself to something delicious and I decided to not spend $5 bucks at Jamba Juice or Robeks.. instead I made myself a smoothie bowl from the stuff I already had at home. Typically I make a green "smoothie" and it's usually not thick as a traditional smoothie because I put a good amount of juice and water... but I've been browsing through Instagram looking at lovely smoothie bowls.. so I thought why not!

My smoothie bowl turned out great! It was quite delicious aside from the taste of the protein powder.. because typically I don't take protein powder. Anywho... I threw everything in my Nutribullet, shook it around so it blended everything and viola! A fancy schmancy smoothie bowl.

Ingredients:
Couple of frozen strawberries
Handful of frozen blueberries
Splash of almond milk
2 Tablespoons of vanilla yogurt
2 Tablespoons of grounded flaxseeds
2 Tablespoons of vanilla protein powder

Once ingredients are blended, pour it out in a bowl and top it off with nuts, fruits, whatever you like. I topped mines off with flaxseeds and slivered almonds. Be sure that your fruits are frozen so you can get that nice texture!


Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment