Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Paninis!


MVamos and I love paninis because they just take sandwiches to a whole new level! I was in a huge panini kick in November because MVamos' birthday gift to me was an awesome panini press! I'll admit, it has been awhile since I've made paninis, but that's only because I got very lazy cleaning it.. it's a bit of a hassle. 

Anyway, I decided to have a picnic on Monday for MVamos because he did such an amazing job on Saturday's dinner- I thought I'd make paninis!

Ingredients:
French bread
Turkey deli slices
Salami
Basil pesto
4 Cheese Italian blend 
Spinach
Olive oil
Balsamic glaze (homemade, I'm fancy! lol)

Balsamic glaze: All you need is a good pan, balsamic vinegar, and sugar. Depending on how sweet you want this, it's really up to you on the amount. I believe I did one cup of balsamic vinegar and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Cook this on medium heat and let it reduce. To tell when it's done, take a spoon and dip it into the glaze and pick it up- if it coats the spoon nicely, then it's done! Store it in a container, but beware once it cools down- the glaze does harden. You can easily fix this by throwing it in the microwave for a few seconds whenever you decide to use it.

Assemble all ingredients, drizzle olive oil on the bread and then place it in the panini press! I usually have it on low heat for a few minutes so it can melt the cheese and then turn it up to high heat to get it crispy. Lastly, drizzle your balsamic glaze on top of the sandwich and viola! Fancy pants panini! Enjoy!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment