Saturday, July 11, 2015

Chao Ga (Rice Porridge w/ Chicken)


I haven't been sick in over a year and that's pretty damn good. I've been around coworkers who've had the flu as well as MVamos and my body was resilient! But apparently, not this time. I was pretty upset that I became so sick and I did almost every home remedy I could think of. Ginger tea, green tea, lots of water, ate pho, ate tofu house soup, airborne, Theraflu, Dayquil.. and I kept eating.. but nothing worked. It probably just needed to run it's course and was caused by the bipolar weather in San Diego. Hot, humid, rain, cold, hot, humid, etc.
 
Anyway, towards the middle-end of this sickness I decided to make Chao Ga, aka rice porridge with chicken. It's a staple in Vietnam and probably most of Asia.. it's usually eaten for breakfast and when you're sick. I haven't eaten this since my mom made me eat this which was.. probably over a decade ago. I made mines without ginger because I didn't have any and I don't like chewing/eating ginger. I ate this at home and for 5 days straight during lunch at work. I'm rather shock that I ate the same thing over 3 days straight.. 3 days is typically my max.
 
It was good! I don't know if it helped, but my coworker is right.. it is a comfort food.
 
Okay, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment