Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Berlin, Germany.


Hallo! Sooo..we actually went to Berlin Germany last week- a somewhat spontaneous kind of trip.. at least for me anyway. MVamos had a conference in Berlin and asked if I wanted to go and I said I'd only go if we could find a fairly priced ticket. And luckily MVamos did all the leg work and found me a ticket! A golden ticket!

Anyway, MVamos had a day and a half of the conference and thus gave me the opportunity to venture out on my own! It was really nice to wander around the city at my leisure with no plans- I even got to do a local food tour!. Berlin I'd have to say was one of my favorite trips just because I learned so much! I know we learned about the cold war, world war I and all that jazz in high school but that was high school- as a teenager I didn't care. But now I am older, wiser (hopefully), and more compassionate-  relearning the history was a treat! Especially being there in person, touching the Berlin wall, standing at the Bradenburg gate, standing on top of Hitler's bunker (which is now just a parking lot) was incredibly neat.

What I took away most was what our tour guide said. It's unfortunate that Germans can't feel proud because they would be incredibly criticized because of their history. It's not fair that this burden is carried because Berlin does one hell of a job commemorating those who have fallen and what had happened. I have grown so much respect after this trip. Anyway, enough with getting deep.. here are some photos!

 Memorial of the Murdered Jews.

 Hi.

Stumbling Stones 

Lustgarten 

Touching the Berlin wall :)



Currywurst! Berlin's known snack (drunk food perhaps?)



Cheers! 


No comments:

Post a Comment