Sunday, February 11, 2018

February : Banh Mi (Vietnamese Sandwich)


February is already here! That means it's a new month to cook/make something Vietnamese. So I took the easy way out this month and made banh mis at home. In my defense though I've never made it at home so this counts. Anytime I have a hankering for a banh mi, I always order the dac biet (the special) which includes typically ham, head cheese, pate, and pork meatloaf. I kept my sandwich basic simply because I didn't want to buy all the different meats just to make a few banh mis. Everything was store bought cause ain't nobody got time to make all the ingredients from scratch. Here's what I used to make mines..

Ingredients:
- Vietnamese baguette
- Pickled daikon & carrots
- Cha lua (pork meatloaf)
- Pate (pork liver spread)
- Cilantro
- Soy Sauce

Toast the baguette- slice it open and spread a nice layer of the pate. Throw all other ingredients in the baguette and drizzle some soy sauce and you're done! Super simple. Perhaps next time I'll get more extra with it- whenever we have our own kitchen again. Anyway, this was super simple to make and it was tasty! (ignore my hand - I fell while running.. nbd.)




 Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment