Sunday, January 21, 2018

January : Chả Giò (Vietnamese Eggroll)


Ohmagerd I followed through so far on my 2018 goal. One Vietnamese recipe a month because although I do enjoy cooking- I do not cook Vietnamese food.. mainly because it can be time consuming (I'm lazy). Sooo baby steps.. for the month of January I decided to make Chả Giò (Vietnamese Egg roll) from scratch. I did some research online, found some recipes, and merged the information to my own recipe. I'll list out the ingredients, but won't write out the instructions because I'm too lazy. 

Filling:
- 1/2 lb Ground pork
- Ground shrimp (I used 10 medium sized)
- 1/2 Onion (chopped)
- 3 Cloves garlic (chopped)
- Wood ear mushrooms (however much you want) 
- Bean Thread (however much you want) 
- 1 Carrot (finely minded)

Seasoning: (to taste- start little and just add to taste)
- Salt
- Black pepper
- Sugar

Other things:
- Spring roll pastry
- Egg wash or Flour w/ water (to seal the egg roll)
- Vegetable oil or Canola oil (for frying)

Instructions... mix everything. I would microwave a tiny sample of the mix so I can taste it to see if I needed to add more salt, pepper, or sugar.. this was something my mom used to do and its very helpful. Once you got your perfect mix.. roll that sucker up in the "spring roll pastry" (found in your nearest Asian market in the frozen section) and seal them with the egg wash or flour water mix. Lastly.. fry those suckers and BOOM you're done (3 minutes each side if the whole thing isn't submerged in oil). And this entire process only takes.. FRIGGIN' FOREVER.

Anyway.. it was time consuming AF, but it was tasty.. so SUCCESS!





Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment