Sunday, April 29, 2018

April : Vietnamese Fish Sauce Wings


I can't believe it's already the end of April! It went by so fast! So fast that I completely forgot to cook something Vietnamese. Luckily I still had a weekend left so I decided to attempt Vietnamese fish sauce wings. My mom makes a killer recipe, but I didn't make these with her recipe only because it was last minute and I didn't have tapioca powder which was one of her main ingredients. 

Honestly I thought it came out okay- it didn't taste or look the way I wanted, but it was still tasty. I used my mom's nuoc mam since that was already made and it's good. Since I didn't have tapioca powder, I decided to throw more sugar in the mix and reduced it down on the stove- looking for a glaze. I boiled the chicken wings first because I wanted to get rid as much fat and to cook it thoroughly since I didn't want to fry it for too long. Once boiled, I fried it just so it can be crunchy and then threw it in the reduced nuoc mam. I would attempt this again, but I would follow my mom's recipe and not go rogue.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment