Friday, July 6, 2018

Fourth of July : Carne Asada Chips


Hey now! It's been about a little over two weeks since relocating to Denver from San Diego and I already miss SD carne asada! I cant believe Mitchell has gone without it for three months- insane! Anyway we are a pretty low key couple and didn't really care for fireworks or felt like doing anything for the fourth of July.. plus it was in the middle of the week so that's already weird. But! I decided to make carne asada chips just for Mitchell - poor guy has been deprived of this! 

I over salted the steak a bit.. so that was disappointing.. but aside from that it turned out pretty good. Just had to mask it with salsa and guacamole.. heh.. I even went as far as putting this in a Styrofoam container just to play up the theme! (actually.. I had the container from our leftovers from the previous night) It was nice to see Mitchell so happy because it reminded him of home-home.

Grated some sharp cheddar
Homemade Guacamole
Used flank steak
Boom.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment