Sunday, September 16, 2018

Pasta Dough!


I spend a lot of my time at home watching youtube on a lot of food/cooking related videos. I've always wanted to try to make pasta but really never did because I was too lazy (just being honest!) But this time.. I was vegging on a lot of pasta videos and just decided to try it out.. like a small batch. Luckily, eggs here in Colorado are very inexpensive.. and we buy and eat a lot of eggs so if I messed up - NBD. Also.. because I just wanted to try it out- I only used one egg. 

I honestly kind of winged it in regards of measurements because ain't nobody got time to measure.. lol. I've watched TONS of pasta making videos and I'm a person who can take direction visually so it wasn't that hard at all. Only part I was uneasy about is kneading, but it came out alright. Since this wasn't a big batch I decided to try giant ravioli. I had spinach in the fridge and a bag of four Italian cheeses.. so why not? Nothing fancy. It turned out pretty tasty- the only thing I would do differently is to make the dough thinner.. but honestly that was as thin as I could roll it since I didn't have a pasta machine hand crank thing. I was able to make two giant raviolis and left over pasta noodles with the excess dough (above photo).






Bellissimo! Saluti!

No comments:

Post a Comment