Sunday, September 30, 2018

September : Nuoc Cham


I felt pretty busy this month so I lost track of time and didn't really attempt to make anything Vietnamese. I figured I'd bring it back to basics by attempting to make Nuoc Cham (Vietnamese Fish Sauce). My mom makes the best Nuoc Cham and I'm not saying this because it's my mom.. it's literally THAT good. Restaurants tend to make is super sweet (too much sugar), but my mom's is just perfect. It's not too sweet or spicy, but it's just right. My uncle in Huntington Beach LOVES my mom's Nuoc Cham and that's saying a lot because he lives near Westminster (technically little Saigon of SoCal- best Viet food in SoCal).. so that's saying a lot.

I didn't ask my mom for her recipe or measurements (which she doesn't even have- everything is eyeballed) because it was late at night and I just wanted to try it out. I copied a recipe online and it just tasted okay. Also, I only had the cheaper fish sauce brand which probably made a HUGE difference. I would definitely say it tasted better a few days later since the garlic was able to sit in there.

Bleh!

No comments:

Post a Comment