Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sushi Dokoro Shirahama.


Let's talk about sushi.. not just any sushi, but real deal all about the fish, let's keep it simple sushi. I've eaten my fair share of sushi throughout my young adulthood, but never have I experienced such an intimate dining experience. My amazing friend, MMacariola, told us about this place and I am very thankful that he shared one of his secret sushi spots, Sushi Dokoro Shirahama.


Shirahama is definitely a hole in the wall and it is very discrete. The establishment can probably only occupy 15 people max (?). I've read the yelp reviews before coming here and many say that it is quite intimidating and I can definitely understand why, but that won't stop me! I honestly did not know what to expect, so I let MMacariola take the lead and MVamos and I just followed lol. We ended up ordering "omakase" which means "I'll leave it up to you".. so the chef gave us whatever he wanted. Fair warning though... this can be quite expensive. Our bill for three came out to be about $250 (w/ tip).. I was a bid sticker shock, but I read the reviews and somewhat anticipated it. You don't have to order omakase, but it is an experience worth trying once.. that's if you like authentic nigiri. I had a fantastic time all thanks to MMacriola, it is always a pleasure to be around him. Alright.. enough yammering.. here are some photos!






(above to the left was probably one of my favorites! It was very tasty and just look at the marble! mmm!)

Kanpai!

No comments:

Post a Comment