Saturday, August 23, 2014

Sweet Memories.


Someone told me that I should write more childhood memories because those are quite nice reads. Well this is a good one.. So I was going through some of my things and packing stuff in my room since I moved out recently (that's for another post) and I went through photos that I've taken out of my family album awhile back... my favorite ones. The photo above shares a special memory that I keep close to my heart. This is a photo of my uncle coming home from Kuwait, during the Gulf War. I believe I was either five or six years old and he was in his late 20s (?).

Here's a little background of my uncle and I. I believe that most children have that one favorite uncle or aunt that they grew up with. My uncle (seen above), was my favorite. He babysat my brother and I most weekends after spending his week at Camp Pendleton. He is the most loving and caring uncle I have ever had. When he used to be away, he would send us care packages of Charlie Brown books, comics, and toys. He was the best!

So recently, I posted this photo on his Facebook because I just wanted to share this memory and I was able to let him know what went through my mind on that exact day. And he reciprocated with his feelings that day as well. Oh man I can't even tell you how emotional I get with this memory because it is so genuine.. good times.

You can read each of our sides of the story if you click to enlarge the photo.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment