Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Yay!


This blog post is long overdue. I finished my Bachelors in Business/Management in Organizational Leadership in August 2014 and I can't even explain the relief I feel. This degree has been a decade in the making.. literally. Although this was not the original institution that I wanted to attend (all my fault), I'm not complaining.

In 2012, I felt like I've hit rock bottom.. I was miserable in almost every aspect of my life. I was in a long relationship that didn't work out; I was in a dead end job in a very hostile environment; my family life/relationship was non existent; and I was very unhappy with myself. 

I did some research at the beginning of 2012 on which school that I could possibly attend.. but was never 100% committed until in August 2012 when I came home irate and just fed up.. I said out loud to a friend "I am going to quit this #$&@! job on this day!" and pointed at the calendar.. and fortunately I followed through. My dead end job had been my wake up call that I needed to go back to school for not only my parents, but for me. This was definitely a huge step.. maybe not for most, but for me it was monumental. 

2012 treated me terribly. By the end of the year, I've made decisions where I knew that 2013 was going to be a better year because where else could you go when you feel like you've hit rock bottom? Only up. 2013 started with a few bumps along this journey, but in the end... the decisions that I've made that year were all good decisions. I've made myself a priority and that my happiness needs to come first. I couldn't be more happier. I'm in an amazing relationship; I was able to improve my family relationship with my parents; I finally completed school (before I'm 30! lol); and most importantly I was able to put myself first without having to compromise my other relationships (family, friends, etc). Best decision I've made by far.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment