Friday, November 7, 2014

Let's Talk Espana!


Ok.. let's talk Spain. I know I'm about three weeks late, but better late than never... right? Right. I'm going to keep this short and simple so I won't bore you. Spain was beautiful.. it was old and romantic. Sightseeing is what you do there! The buildings are so beautiful because they carry artistic historic content. For example.. you have the Almunda Cathedral in Madrid. This was designed by Francisco de Cubas (an architect/politician) but construction was stopped during the Spanish Civil War. Then it continued in 1950 and the design was altered by Fernando Chueca Goitia who added a baroque (dramatic) approach. I know.. I promised not to bore ya.. sorry.

Anywho.. Madrid was my favorite out of the three cities we visited. Madrid was beautiful and there were lots of things to see and do. What I enjoyed most was walking through the narrow streets between the old buildings and most importantly.. the food. Cafe con leche, Iberico Jamon, churros and chocolate.. mmmmm! And.. did I mention Iberico Jamon?? It was just wonderful! Party in my belly!

Barcelona was nice, but not as lovely as Madrid. Also.. I think because it was by the coast.. it was quite a stinky city.. sewage kind of smell goin' on. It was definitely crowded.. but Barcelona offered me works of Antoni Gaudi! I'm not a huge fan of neo-gothic art.. but I do appreciate it especially Sagrada Familia.. that was amazing and massive. Barcelona was definitely more touristy.

Ibiza. The party city of the world. Good thing the season was over since we aren't the type to 'rage'.. but it was definitely the best place to go before we headed home because we had time to relax. There's really nothing else you can do there during the off season. Anyway.... here are some pictures! 

Streets of Madrid

Cafe Con Leche

Churros and Chocolate

Cathedral de Barcelona

Gothic Quarters of Barcelona

Beautiful old building in Ibiza

MVamos saying 'oh hey" in Ibiza


Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment