Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Sweet Potato Empanadas.


I love empanadas! Little dough filled with goodness! I've been wanting to make empanadas for quite some time, but I always assumed you needed a food processor.. ya know, for the pulsing. But when you think about it.. the Spaniards didn't have food processors back in the day! Anyway, I Googled for the dough recipe and went ahead on making my trial empanadas. I was only really concerned about making the dough right, I didn't really care what the filling was lol.

The ingredients for the dough were stuff I already had laying around. All you need are the following.. all purpose flour, salt, egg, chilled butter, and chilled water. I would give you the measurements, but I actually didn't measure anything.. kind of just winged it since this was only a trial. I gotta say.. it was quite a mess mixing the ingredients with my hands, but it worked! I just made enough to make six mini empanadas.

As for the filling.. since I was already in the process of making sweet potato mash for dinner, I put some aside and added cinnamon and  honey. Therefore these empanadas ended up being dessert. I had MVamos try it first since he is my guinea pig and it turned out pretty good. They were almost like a turnover since I sprinkled some granulated sugar.


They weren't perfect looking to begin with, but the end result was great!  I am very pleased on the dough and will probably make a ton of these now with a bunch of other fillings! Empanada party!

Weeeee!

1 comment: