Friday, April 28, 2017

Sooooo....


..... I really suck at blogging. I get excited about making blogs but then I just don't blog often enough. I get lazy, I'm forgetful and sometimes.. I just don't have anything to blog about. This was not the case.. I was just too lazy to blog about this, which to some folks is crazy cause.. why wouldn't you want to write about your wedding?! Well, I'm a different kind of gal. Hehe..

Anyway.. MVamos and I were officially married on November 19th, 2016 at the courthouse which was sweet, simple, just us and our friends. I chose this date because November 19th are my parent's anniversary date (awwwww.. yeah, yeah). I just wanted this as our wedding, but we must please the parents.

In my early 20's I was definitely a sucker for the most perfect wedding and I had to have this and had to have that.. I needed to invite all the people I knew just cause I wanted people to think highly of my wedding. Ya know, stupid and materialistic things. As I got older.. my god, weddings are just a sham. It's a business and a rip off.. Yes I know, too each their own- but I can see the unnecessary stress on material things that you're throwing your money away. Weddings are becoming a production to show off your success to your family and friends even if you don't have the funds.. Sounds pretty ridiculous to me.. but that's just my opinion. PLUS!! Studies show the more dinero you spend on your wedding- the less likely your marriage will survive.. just saying. 

Ok.. enough of my rant. So we had a wedding because mainly for our families.. because we must please the parents because we love them and do not want to disappoint. My mom cannot force me to do anything, but I do want her to be happy so we had a wedding and she was able to compromise because I was able to do the wedding my way. I do what I want! Long story short.. the wedding was on January 28th, 2017 at a brewery. It was a success because I had friends and family who helped me put the wedding together. I love our wedding because it showed me that we have friends and family who love and wanted to celebrate us as a couple. We had a small wedding which was under 60 guests. We wanted an intimate wedding because we're practical and wanted to invite those who actually took the time to know MVamos and I as a couple.  Because we were officially married in November, there was no need for an official officiant so we had my brother perform the ceremony- it was short and sweet. Not long after we just had a cocktail reception. Lots of mingling, good food and drinks. Although simple and more practical than most.. I still have expectations (obvy within reason) and am very happy how our wedding turned out.

I'll write a separate blog on the estimated break down of the wedding and costs since the entire wedding was under $3,000 for a swanky and chic lookin' wedding lololol.. below are some details!











Cheers Ya'll!!

No comments:

Post a Comment